And he said in an exclusive interview with (Al-Madina) that if the scholars of the regions had written scientific, jurisprudential and legal books, they would send a copy to the Sacred Mosque, and they believed that preserving it in the Sacred Mosque was a legitimate requirement and that the blessing would be obtained by the presence of the book in the corners of the ancient house.
Al-Shuwayer explained that one of the most important features of the Library of the Great Mosque of Mecca is the management of manuscripts, where there are more than eight thousand original manuscripts and nearly 30,000 illustrated manuscripts.
* We would like to know a brief about the Library of the Holy Mosque in Makkah?
The Library of the Holy Mosque in Mecca is considered the oldest libraries of Islam and it was accompanying the Grand Mosque in the era of the first Islam after the revelation of the revelation and the rise of the message and the spread of knowledge. The archives, and in the Sacred Mosque were lockers in which archives prepared for worship, such as the books of the Sunnah, were placed in order to seek favor and reward. Where he mentioned the oldest endowment for the existence of cupboards and books at that time, otherwise they may have existed before this date, and if scholars wrote books, they sent them to the Sacred Mosque, as preserving them in the Sacred Mosque is a legal requirement and the presence of the book in the sides of the ancient house was the nucleus of this library at that time. And it continued until our time, praise be to God. Then a dome was placed in the library of the Holy Mosque in Makkah, next to Zamzam, and there were two domes, the first for hygiene tools, and next to it was the dome of the House of Archives, in which people continued to preserve the contents of the religious sanctuary. Until the time of Sharif Aoun, the comrade, when he demolished the two domes in order to expand the road, then the Saudi era came and King Abdulaziz, may his soul rest in peace, ordered a committee to study their conditions and change their conditions. King Saud – may God have mercy on him – ordered the construction of the first Saudi expansion and it was taken out to the doors, and in 1406 it moved to opposite the King Abdulaziz Gate and was in the Al-Anqari Building Building, then moved to Al-Mansour Street, then moved to Al-Aziziyah and during the reign of His Excellency Sheikh Dr. Abdul Rahman Al-Sudais, it moved to this blessed site.
What are the main services provided by the library?
– It provides suitable legal books for pilgrims, pilgrims and elite classes of writers and thinkers in the Islamic world, and is not dedicated to one person without another, and scholars still give the library a lot of their scientific production in order to be close to the Grand Mosque, and the Library of the Holy Mosque in Mecca is the only complete archive of the Saudi press At the level of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, even the same newspapers do not have some numbers, and they are in this library, and we have provided many newspapers with what they lack in some numbers, and Dr. Othman Al-Sini when he collected the first Saudi newspapers, the only source most supportive of him was the library of the Holy Mosque in Mecca almost to In addition to some sources, you will find in Dr. Othman’s book the presence of library seals on newspapers.. The library also provides audio lessons and recitations in the Two Holy Mosques, as well as the call to prayer, because the audio recording of the call to prayer began in 1407, and this was undertaken by Radio Call of Islam as well as a participant in forums, seminars, conferences and book fairs.
* Is there communication and cooperation between you and libraries in the Arab and Islamic world?
– There is no doubt that the Library of the Holy Mosque in Makkah is a destination in itself, and I claim that the Library of the Haram is a friend of all the libraries of the world. Currently, contacts are being made with the Library of Alexandria to sign a memorandum. A few days ago, we signed a memorandum of cooperation with the King Fahd Library and in the process of signing a memorandum with the King Abdulaziz Library and libraries in Egypt, the Islamic East and the West, and a guide of love. Scholars to the campus library send all their books to the library free of charge.
* What are the most prominent books and manuscripts in the library of the Holy Mosque in Mecca?
One of the most important features of the Library of the Great Mosque of Mecca is the Manuscripts Department, which contains more than 8,000 original manuscripts and nearly 30,000 illustrated manuscripts. …there is no copy of this book in the world except in the library of the Holy Mosque in Mecca, and soon Sheikh Dr. Saleh bin Abdullah bin Humaid gave his father’s library of manuscripts, which contain more than 380 pamphlets, which are considered among the best Hanbali Najd manuscripts, and the manuscript management in the library is distinguished and takes special care of manuscripts The Department of Library Services has the Prince Abdul Mohsen bin Abdulaziz Al Saud Library, which was gifted by his son Saud, Deputy Governor of the Makkah region at the time, when he opened the Library of the Holy Mosque at King Abdulaziz Gate in the Holy Mosque, and that building was removed in favor of the second Saudi expansion in the era of King Fahd – may God have mercy on him.
How many departments and departments does the library have?
The tendency is for the library to be a public administration and under sub-departments in order to achieve good administrative organization and speed up business and transactions. The mosque.
* What was done about the project to build a special building for the library next to the Grand Mosque?
– The project is under implementation and will be in the Al-Khandariseh area, and we put the space drawing for the library and monitored the need. A meeting was held with the supervisory and engineering authorities and the development of the initial and final vision.
* Did the library receive pilgrims during this year?
– Yes, we received a large number of pilgrims and delegations arriving during the working time until 11 pm, and a part of the exhibition of the architecture of the Two Holy Mosques was placed in it for the visitor to benefit from and view some of the rare contents of the Two Holy Mosques. It is open around the clock, even on holidays.
* What is the number of contents of books and manuscripts in the Library of the Holy Mosque in Mecca?
Nearly 80,000 titles, 8,000 original manuscripts, and nearly 30,000 illustrated manuscripts, in addition to newspaper numbers.
What are your future plans for the library?
– We will launch the website of the Library of the Holy Mosque in Makkah and the application, and we will consider the inauguration of its general president, which is ready for launch, God willing, and for readers to benefit from it.
glitter paper book
* Has the paper book lost its luster with the electronic interest?
– The paper book is the safety after God Almighty, because the e-book, even if it is easy to make and search services facilitate, the paper book remains the one that is associated with the scholars, in addition to the fact that intellectual property rights are still regulating the issue of the e-book because the book is completely unavailable on social networks. With the high awareness of intellectual property rights, the need for a paper book is still strong, and this is not evidenced by the book fairs that are very popular in every fair held and people travel from one region to another in order to buy a specific book and the purchase rates are very high, and what is presented electronically sometimes is not in Hand In case the device is damaged, add that the primary task of libraries is to preserve and document as well as preserve paper content and history.
Is access to the Two Holy Mosques recordings of recitations and lessons available to everyone?
Yes, the library services of the Holy Mosque in Makkah, under the directives of the rulers, may God grant them success, are available to all, and the services are provided free of charge, and this is an important destination for the student.
* You intend to organize a media forum for the pioneers of the local press.. When?
– There is a media forum that will be organized by the Library of the Holy Mosque in Makkah soon, God willing, in which we invite all leaders, writers and journalists in the Saudi press, and they will be informed of the library’s efforts and its role in preserving the heritage and contents of the Saudi press, which we must play a cooperative role and preserve this common archive that preserves the history This country preserves a lot of what happened in its history, and we preserve the entire numbers of Umm Al-Qura newspaper, as well as the Hira newspaper, which became Al-Nadwa and then Makkah Al-Mukarramah.