Marco Silva returned to Estoril and watched a diabolical 30 minutes of Fulham

Triumph of the English team by 3-1.

An impressive opening half hour, with three goals scored, allowed Fulham, English Football League, to beat Estoril by 3-1 this Sunday, in a preparation game held at the António Coimbra da Mota Stadium.

The meeting allowed Estoril’s first contact with its supporters, since all the training games previously held had taken place behind closed doors, and also the return of Marco Silva to the club in which he became famous as a player and launched himself as a coach in his international career.

For this reason, the Portuguese coach was greeted with applause and chants by the Estoril supporters and also received an Estoril Praia shirt by the hands of his captain, Joãozinho, alluding to the number he used in his career as a footballer at Estoril, the 13.

The first half-hour revealed differences between the two teams: the ‘canarinhos’, ninth-placed in the last edition of the Portuguese I Liga, were not able to sustain the greatest power of the opponent, a newcomer to the English I Liga, who got ahead early (at seven minutes) through a corner taken from the left by Andreas Pereira, for Aleksandar Mitrovic’s well-aimed header at the near post.

Five minutes later, the protagonist repeated himself and so did the ‘formula’: Harry Wilson hit the corner from the right and Mitrovic proved to be quicker to attack the ball than the Estorilista defense, thus reaching the ‘bis’.

In the 25th minute, the Serbian striker was once again a figure, this time to receive and cushion the ball for a shot from outside the area by João Palhinha, a Portuguese who made his debut with the Fulham shirt, after his transfer from Sporting.

Estoril Praia’s reaction arrived after the half-hour and materialized in a penalty won by Tiago Santos on the right wing and converted by André Franco.

Game played at António Coimbra da Mota Stadium, in Estoril.

Estoril – Fulham, 1-3.

At half-time: 1-3.


0-1, Aleksandar Mitrovic, 07 minutes

0-2, Aleksandar Mitrovic, 12 minutes.

0-3, João Palhinha, 25 minutes.

1-3, André Franco, 33 minutes (penalty).


– Estoril: Dani Figueira, Tiago Santos, Bernardo Vital, Pedro Álvaro, Tiago Araújo (Gonçalo Esteves, 78), Loreintz Rosier (James Léa-Siliki, 86), Francisco Geraldes (Serginho, 86), André Franco (Mor Ndiaye, 74 ), Arthur Gomes (Elias Achouri, 78), Rodrigo Martins and João Carlos (Gilson Benchimol, 75).

(Alternates: Thiago Rodrigues, Jota Oliveira, Gonçalo Esteves, Martim Filipe, Volnei Feltes, Mor Ndiaye, James Léa-Siliki, Duarte Carvalho, Titouan Thomas, Serginho, Elias Achouri, Leonardo Ruiz and Gilson Benchimol).

Coach: Nélson Verissimo.

– Fulham: Marek Rodák, Kenny Tete, Tosin Adarabioyo, Tim Ream, Antonee Robinson, João Palhinha (Nathaniel Chalobah, 75), Harrison Reed (Tyrese François, 75), Andreas Pereira (Jay Stansfield, 66), Harry Wilson, Bobby de Cordova-Reid (Luke Harris, 75) and Aleksandar Mitrovic (Rodrigo Muniz, 75).

(Alternates: Paulo Gazzaniga, George Wickens, Marlon Fossey, Conor McAvoy, Idris Odutayo, Nathaniel Chalobah, Adrion Pajaziti, Luke Harris, Tyrese François, Tom Cairney, Neeskens Kebano, Sylvester Jasper, Jay Stansfield, Joe Bryan, Jean-Pierre Tiehi and Rodrigo Muniz).

Coach: Marco Silva.

Referee: Miguel Nogueira (AF Lisbon).

Disciplinary action: yellow card for Aleksandar Mitrovic (60), Francisco Geraldes (60), Bernardo Vital (69) and Nathaniel Chalobah (87).

Attendance: about 700 spectators.